You may have been able to float through your early adult years thus far with just a bar of soap and some deodorant. However, your 30s are the turning point when a poor grooming routine really starts to show. Trust us, without some maintenance, your boyish good looks are not going to last forever. So ditch these five bad habits today.
1. You’re still not using sunscreen daily. Sunscreen is kind of like flossing. One of those things that you know you should be doing, but until you start to see the effects of skipping out, it’s easy to forget. But do you want to end up looking 70 at 50? Didn’t think so. Start using a daily moisturizer with SPF every morning. It only takes a second and you’re saving your skin some serious damage.
Product recommendation: Evolution Man Moisture Protect SPF 20
2. You’re skimping on your shave supplies. First off, stop trying to make your razor blades last forever. Using a dull blade is just asking for razor burn, bumps and ingrown hairs. Replace your blade every 2-3 shaves and always rinse your razor clean and dry it between uses. Upgrade your shave cream from that drugstore foam/ gel to one with high quality ingredients that get you a smooth glide and actually prevent irritation and redness. One last thing, slow down. Rushing through your shave is bound to end in nicks and cuts. So do yourself a favor and take your time.
3. You’re not moisturizing. Dehydration is the #1 cause of wrinkles and all signs of aging. Using a daily moisturizer is key for keeping skin healthy and free of fine lines. We recommend using a nutrient-rich cream or face oil at night since your skin cells do most of their recovery while you’re sleeping. And while you may not be seeing wrinkles or sagging now, prevention is a whole lot easier than reversal.
Product recommendation: Buckler’s Daily Face Repair
4. You’re getting cheap haircuts. One thing we’ve learned over the years is that you usually you get what you pay for. So if your barber is leaving you less than stoked about your hairstyle, it may be time to move on. You wear your hair every single day, so it makes sense to invest in a good cut and high quality styling products with ingredients that actually keep your hair healthy and help prevent hair loss.
Product recommendation: Balsem Natural Styling Pomade (Medium Hold)
5. You’re ignoring your hands and feet. Have you ever heard the saying that you can tell a person’s age by looking at their hands? Well it’s true, and it all goes back to that bit about moisturizing. Apply a heavy duty cream to hands and feet every night to protect against ashy, wrinkled skin. Yeah, it’s as unattractive as it sounds.
Product recommendation: Buckler’s Chapped Skin Remedy